Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, Earth

Today we went on a hike! I dosed myself with some deet and set out to pick up trash.... My husband thought I was silly to take gloves and a trash bag on a mother's day hike but I thought I it was silly I only brought one bag!!! I knew there would be plenty of plastic to pick up but what we saw was just too much. We couldn't believe what we were seeing. Well seeing is believing and I think I finally got Nathan to see what the BIG deal is! We picked up 90 pieces of trash. Most of it plastic bottles, beer cans, bags, glass, and a couple shoes, and the best was a huge piece of canvas that we were able to fill up with all the trash and drag back to the parking lot. Happy Mother's Day to the Earth.... We had fun collecting trash but it was disturbing to us at the same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment